Exchanging files between a mobile device and a computer using a data cable is an operation that continues to be widely used despite the rise of wireless technologies. This is explained for various reasons, but mostly due to the fact that using such a procedure it is also possible to charge the battery of the mobile device.
In the case of a Xiaomi cell phone, due to the fact of using the Android operating system that is not natively accepted by an Apple computer, as it happens with the iOS system (also from Apple) that controls the different models of iPhone phones, the task of transferring or sharing files between both devices may seem unintuitive.
Fortunately, Google, the company that promotes the spread of the Android system, has developed Android File Transfer.
What is Android File Transfer?
Android File Transfer is a file transfer tool between Android and Mac computer, which is fully compatible with Xiaomi smartphones. Thus, it will be possible to edit the video and photo files contained in its internal memory with any program installed on the Mac.
Android File Transfer is very easy to use. In addition, it integrates seamlessly with OS X, the advanced operating system that governs a Mac computer. Next, we will show you how to use it to exchange files between a Xiaomi cell phone and your Mac.
How to transfer files from Xiaomi phone to Mac
- First download the Android File Transfer DMG file to your Mac directly from the following link: https://dl.google.com/dl/androidjumper/mtp/current/AndroidFileTransfer.dmg
- Open the Android File Transfer DMG file.
- Unlock your Xiaomi phone and connect it to your Mac using its USB cable (this operation may require a micro USB to USB Type-C adapter cable, depending on the age of your Mac).
- On the phone, tap on the notification Charging device via USB.
- In the Use USB for…, select the File transfer option.
- Now, go to your Mac and check that the Android File Transfer program window has opened.
- Drag the files from the phone you want to transfer to this window so that they are saved on your Mac.
- How to delete the Others Files on Xiaomi phones
- Turn your iPhone or Android into a mouse and keyboard for PC
- Mirror your iPhone to Amazon Fire TV
- How to find a stolen or lost iPhone
213 total views, 6 views today