When an iPhone is connected to a different computer, the only part of its internal memory that can be explored immediately is the DCIM (Digital Camera Images) folder.
The iPhone DCIM folder
This folder stores the images and videos obtained by the digital camera along with some other multimedia content received by instant messaging apps authorized to do so, such as WhatsApp.
However, it is often the case that when attempting to access the DCIM folder to copy or manage its contents, a blank screen appears displaying the message This folder is empty.
Why is this folder empty?
This inconvenience is related to the security settings of the device that prevent the exchange of data with an untrusted computer. To solve it, you just have to follow a few simple steps.
How to fix empty folder problem on iPhone
- First of all, make sure that the data cable used to connect the iPhone to the computer is the original or one certified by Apple.
- After you have made the connection, go to your iPhone and unlock the screen
- In the Allow this device to access your photos and videos? Click on Allow.
- From that moment on, the trust request will no longer be presented on the device screen.
How to make the iPhone trust a computer again
If in the previous step you choose the Do not allow option, you will be able to load it, but since you have not granted trust, the message This folder is empty will continue to appear, so you will not be able to access the information saved on the device.
To reverse this situation, reconnect your iPhone and choose the Allow option in the trust request. From there you can also synchronize it with third-party tools such as iTools, 3uTools or Apple’s own iTunes.
What to do if the confidence alert does not appear
Generally, this error is related to computers that have the iTunes application installed. To solve it follow these steps.
- Launch iTunes on your PC.
- Go to the Accounts tab and select Authorizations > Authorizations to this team.
- Click Trust this computer and you’re done.
How to Clear the List of PCs Trusted by iPhone
The iPhone usually stores the list of trusted computers or devices within its privacy settings. If you have decided to take away the trust of any of them, do the following.
On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy.