Turn off and on your Mi LED Smart Bulb to Alexa with your voice.
Among the must-have items in the smart home are smart bulbs and Xiaomi’s Mi LED Smart Bulb is one of them. This Xiaomi bulb can illuminate the home environments with different shades of colors and with a degree of intensity according to any occasion, for example, to watch movies, play video games or accompany the sunrise. For his control, it offers its own mobile application, but it also works with simple voice commands, thanks to its compatibility with Alexa and Google Assistant. But before you can control them with your voice, you need to do a brief configuration process like the one shown in this tutorial.
How to setup your Xiaomi Smart Light Bulb
- To start, enable the Bluetooth and GPS of your mobile.
- Then, download the Mi Home app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Open the app and log in with your Mi Home account or create one with an email address.
- Once you are logged in, tap the + button, go to the Lighting section and select the model of your bulb (in my case, Mi LED Smart Bulb).
- Then put the bulb into pairing mode (turn it on and off 5 times and it will start flashing) and tap the Next button.
- On the screen that appears, select your Wi-Fi network and add the password.
- Now, connect your phone to the Wi-Fi network created by the light bulb. Tap the Go to Wi-Fi settings button.
- In the network settings, select “yeelink-light …”, “philips-light-bulb …”… depending on the model of your bulb and return to the app.
- Wait while the light bulb is added to your Mi Home account.
- Finally, select an environment for the bulb, give it a name, and voila. Your light bulb will now appear in the Devices tab.
How to Sync your Xiaomi Smart Light Bulb to Alexa
- Once the light bulb is configured, open the Amazon Alexa app (Android, iPhone).
- Tap the menu button in the screen’s upper left corner and select the Skills and Games option.
- Tap the magnifying glass and write mi home xiaomi.
- Select the Mi Home skill in the results list and tap the ENABLE TO USE button.
- Log in with your Mi Home account created at the time of configuring the bulb and that’s it.
- The light bulb will now appear in the Devices section of the app.
How to turn the light bulb on and off with your voice
Once the bulb is linked to Alexa, it can be controlled by voice through the Amazon Alexa app or through some device compatible with Alexa, such as the Amazon Echo, the Echo Show or even the remote control of the Fire TV Stick 4K.
- Mirror your iPhone to Amazon Fire TV
- How to mirror your iPhone screen to a laptop with 5KPlayer
- How to turn off the PS4 controller
- How to mirror your laptop to a TV with Fire TV Stick
1,020 total views, 1 views today