An error that is repeated in many models of Android TV Box is when the system boot stops following its normal course and remains hung on the screen of the manufacturer’s logo.
This single sign error can be very difficult to diagnose, however it is most likely due to a software problem whose only solution is a factory reset. But given the impossibility of accessing the tool provided by the system itself, the solution is to do a forced restart, that is, using the physical buttons that the device brings.
How to hard reset a box Android TV
Fortunately, most models have a RESET button, which is used to reset the system to factory settings and is usually located inside a small hole in the back of the cover. On some models, the RESET button is inside the AV hole also located on the back.
To do the factory reset do the following.
- First, disconnect the TV Box from the power supply.
- Press the RESET button with a pointed instrument (preferably plastic or wood) until you hear a click.
- Keeping the RESET button pressed, connect the equipment to the electrical outlet.
- Wait a few moments until the recovery menu appears.
- Using your remote control, select the Wipe data / Factory reset option and confirm the action.
- Then select the Reboot system now option.
- Wait for the process to finish and configure your TV Box again.
Many TV Box models such as Xiaomi Mi Box S allow the hard reset to be carried out using the keys on the remote control. In this case the process is as follows.
How to hard reset a Xiaomi Mi Box S 4K
- To begin, disconnect the Mi Box S 4K from the power.
- Reconnect the device to the power source. Immediately press the backspace and OK keys on your remote control, both at the same time.
- Once between the device in the recovery mode, select the option Wipe data / Factory reset.
If you have any questions about the operation of another TV Box model, consult its manual or ask for help in our forum.
- How to mirror your iPhone to TV with Mi Box S
- How to watch IPTV on Xiaomi Mi Box S
- How to access Google Drive on Android TV
28 total views, 1 views today