AOC is known to be one of the largest manufacturers of PC monitors, however, it also produces a wide variety of smart TV models that are compatible with Miracast wireless technology. This is the case of models equipped with the Linux Smart TV Alliance operating system or those that incorporate the Xmart platform.
Thanks to its Miracast capability, everything that happens on the Windows 10 desktop can be projected onto compatible AOC TV screens without the need to establish a connection via HDMI or VGA cables. Also, this feature is enabled by default on the AOC TV, so there is no need to make any additional settings to cast the Windows 10 screen. The steps are performed from the computer and are as follows.
How to mirror PC screen to AOC TV
- To get started, make sure you connect your PC to the same Wi-Fi network that the TV is connected to.
- On your Windows 10 PC, go to the notifications section (down arrow icon at the bottom right of the screen) and click Connect.
- Finally, select the AOC TV you want to connect to.
How to view a Windows 7 PC screen on an AOC TV
Windows 7 does not have support for Miracast, which means that there is no function to mirror your screen through this technology. However, if you have a Miracast compatible cell phone, you can use the following trick that will allow you to transmit the Windows 7 screen to a compatible AOC TV: How to project the Windows 7 screen to Smart TV using your phone.
How to know if your PC supports Miracast
To find out if your laptop supports screen mirroring, see the following article: How to know if your PC supports Miracast.
- Mirror your iPhone to Amazon Fire TV
- How to mirror your laptop to a TV with Fire TV Stick
- How to mirror your PC screen on Chromecast
45 total views, 1 views today