Many of the smart TV models released by the AOC manufacturer are Miracast certified. Such is the case of AOC televisions equipped with the Linux Smart TV Alliance operating system or those that are equipped with the Xmart platform. Thanks to this Miracast capability, images from a compatible Android phone or tablet can be projected onto your screens without the need for special cables.
The Miracast feature is enabled by default on AOC smart TVs. This means that there is no additional setup required on the TV so that it can connect with other devices that support wireless streaming via Miracast. However, there are a few simple steps to follow to successfully establish the connection.
Connect an Android phone to an AOC TV using Miracast
- Using your TV remote, navigate between the application icons and select the iconic wireless streaming icon.
- Next, pull down your phone’s notification panel and tap the Cast icon (Smart View on Samsung phones). Wait for it to detect the AOC TV screen and connect to it automatically.
The function of transmitting screen in Android can also be activated from the phone’s settings section. It may have names like Screen Mirroring, Smart View, Wireless Projection, or Huawei Share, depending on the brand of the mobile device.
How to find out if your phone supports Miracast
The TV Connector Utils app allows you to quickly check if your Android phone supports Miracast. And if it is favorable, it automatically detects compatible TVs connected to your Wi-Fi network.
What to do if your smartphone doesn’t support Miracast
In the event that your smartphone does not support Miracast, you will not be able to mirror its screen on the TV but you can send photos and videos using the Nero Streaming Player app.
Image by Alehandra13 from Pixabay
- How to cast your PC screen to AOC TV
- How to Sync a PS4 controller to a Fire TV Stick
- How to recover your photos from your lost or stolen Android phone
- How to connect a PS4 wireless controller to an iPhone or iPad
26 total views, 1 views today