[Solved] How to remove Bright Data from my PC

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
17.3 K Views
Topic starter
(@Alex.79)

Hi

I've recently noticed that a round icon labeled Bright Data has mysteriously appeared on my taskbar, and I suspect it might be contributing to the slowdown of my browser. I'm not sure how it got there or what it does, but I'd really like to remove it to improve my browser's performance.

Could someone please provide me with guidance on how to remove this Bright Data icon from my taskbar? I'd greatly appreciate any step-by-step instructions or insights into what it might be doing on my system.

Thank you in advance for your assistance in resolving this issue!

5 Replies
Mike Milwaukee
(@mike)

Hello,

Bright Data is a data collection service. It gets installed on the PC by installing programs like Format Factory.

To remove it, first locate its icon on the taskbar, right-click it and select Exit.

Then uninstall Format Factory completely. Right click on the Windows Start menu, select Programs and Features > Programs and Features. Click on Format Factory and select Uninstall.

If you want to re-install Format Factory, be sure to uncheck the box that authorizes installation by its sponsors (Brigth Data...).

4 Replies
(@Brooke)

Hi

I uninstalled the program as you indicate, but when I went to C:/Program Files (x86), the Format Factory folder still appeared. And inside the executable brightdata.exe.

So to make sure it doesn't bother me again, I manually deleted it and did the same for the whole folder.

alfanoTV
Admin
(@admin)

Thanks for sharing 👍

AJ
(@AJ)

@mike . Good day, I use Format Factory, however I do NOT want to share my device resources with Bright Data! Is there a way to disable the pop-up window every time I open Format Factory via Windows Registry? Surely there must be a way to do this is the registry.

Kind Regards

Jim
(@Jim)

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:
Scroll to Top