Turn your TV into smart and download apps and games from the Play Store.
Mi Box S from Xiaomi is a 4K streaming box that comes equipped with Android TV, Chromecast and Google Assistant: three of Google’s most popular products. Mi Box S turns any TV with an HDMI port into a smart one. With Mi Box S, you can download Google Play apps and games such as YouTube, Netflix, Spotify; send content from your mobile to the TV; use voice to search and play series and movies, and even control lights and other smart devices in your home.
What’s in the Xiaomi Mi Box S box
In addition to the Mi Box S 4K, the packaging includes an HDMI cable, a charger, two AAA batteries, and Bluetooth remote control.
Mi Box S 4K weighs only 176 grams and is 101 mm wide, 101 mm long and 19 mm thick. It has an HDMI port, a USB port, an audio output, and a power port. The remote control, in addition to the traditional buttons, has a microphone button that activates the Google voice assistant and another dedicated to Netflix.
How to set up Mi Box S
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to a compatible TV port.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the Mi Box S device.
- Plug Mi Box S into the power supply using the charger provided by the manufacturer.
- Turn on your TV and select the HDMI port to which you have connected Mi Box S.
- Turn on the Mi Box S using its remote control.
- Move the remote control 20 cm away from the Mi Box S
- Simultaneously press the buttons to the right and left of the backspace button, then release them.
- A welcome screen will appear. Select the language of your choice.
- Select the way you want to set it up: using an Android device (the easiest way) or manually (Skip option). Here, we will use the second option (Skip) which is generic.
- Select your Wi-Fi network, and then enter your password.
- Sign in with your Google Account in order to download apps and games from the Play Store (if you don’t have one, create your account from this link).
- Accept the terms and consent to use your localization (recommended).
- Choose a name for your Mi Box, for example, MiBox4.
- Select the apps you want to install, and tap Continue.
- Finally, the Home screen for Mi Box appears.
477 total views, 2 views today