Take advantage of Siri’s artificial intelligence to put music, send a WhatsApp, turn on the light and do many things by voice command
Siri is a voice-controlled personal assistant built into many Apple devices, including its mobile phones, iPad tablet, Apple TV receiver, Apple Watch, HomePod speaker, and Mac computers. This assistant was introduced on the iPhone from its 4s version, it aims to make people’s daily lives easier, almost like Alexa and the Google Assistant.
Siri can do many things just by asking them by voice, for example, set an alarm, put music on Spotify, start a phone call, send WhatsApp and SMS messages, among others. In turn, you can say out loud the time, the news, the tasks of the day and even WhatsApp messages that have not yet been read by the user. It can also help control iPhone digital devices that are compatible with HomeKit – Apple’s home automation system – and have been previously configured with the iOS Home app.
For all this to be possible from the iPhone, simply say the phrase “Hey, Siri” followed by the task you want to request. However, its use differs depending on the iPhone model and may have to be activated. For this follow the next steps.
How to enable Siri on iPhone X and later models
- On iPhone X and later models, tap the Settings icon.
- Then tap on Siri and Search.
- On this screen you can activate any of the following options: Listen for “Hey Siri” or Press Side Button for Siri.
- Then click Enable Siri and follow the instructions.
With the first option you can talk to Siri with the screen locked, simply saying the phrase “Hey Siri”, while with the second option, you will have to press the side button to ask him for something.
How to enable Siri on iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6S, 7 and 8
- On iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6S, 7, and 8 go to Settings > Settings > General.
- Select Siri and flip the switch.Finally click on Enable.
- To use Siri voice control, just press the Home button and make the request.
39 total views, 1 views today